FaceTime over 3G Tutorial
For those of you who have jailbroken their iPhone 4′s with the fatastic jailbreakme.com jailbreak, it is very, very easy to use FaceTime over the 3G network. That’s right; you can now make video calls to any iPhone from anywhere with 3G reception (mustn’t… bash… AT&T… coverage…).
It’s really easy. Just follow these few short steps.
- Jailbreak your iPhone 4. It takes like 5 minutes and you don’t need a computer.
- Open Cydia and install all updates. This fixes an issue with FaceTime and MMS that the jailbreak caused.
- In Cydia, click on the “Manage” tab, tap “Sources,” tap “Edit,” and add the source “http://apt.modmyi.com/”
- Refresh your sources, and then look for the “My3G” app. Install it.
- Go through the Rock setup process, including making a username and password for yourself. Run the app, and leave all your settings at default.
- Now, disconnect from any wifi networks (i.e. forget any networks nearby or turn off wifi) or go somewhere without wifi reception, and then make a FaceTime call. That’s it!