As promised, I said I’d turn my old youtube video into a (much) updated tutorial.
All I’m going to do is teach you how to control your computer with your iPod Touch or iPhone. All this means is that you can see your computer screen on your iPod, and you can click/type/etc. just as you would normally, except on your iPod Touch.
Its also nice for fooling your friends into thinking you have Windows XP on your iPod Touch.
Ok. To start, you will need 3 things:
- Client software (i.e. what lets you VIEW other computers) for your iPod Touch.
- Server software (i.e. what clients connect to) for your computer.
- Internet connection for both your iPod Touch AND your computer
- Access to the router that your computer is hooked up to (assuming that you are not using dial-up or are only using a modem).
- About an hour of free time.